Here are some steps to start with film photography:
- Choose a camera: Decide whether you want to use a manual or an automatic film camera. Also decide a point and shoot or SLR camera you are going to start with.
- Film stock: Choose a film stock based on the type of photography you want to do and the lighting conditions you’ll be shooting in. There are many films in the market, all of them very beautiful try and enjoy each of them.
- Learn the basics of exposure: Film photography relies on correct exposure to produce a good image. You will need to understand the relationship between aperture, shutter speed, and ISO.
- Experiment: Try different film stocks and camera settings to see what works best for you.
- Develop your film: You can either develop the film yourself or have it developed by a lab.
- Print or scan your images: You can either print your photos using an enlarger or scan them to produce digital copies.
- Practice and have fun: Keep practicing and experimenting with different techniques, and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Film photography can be a fun and rewarding hobby!